Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday Stylin'


What does a stylin' microbiologist wear to work on a Sunday you ask? Why she wears her matching GIANTmicrobes shirt and hat of course. I am not much of a hat wearer but I wanted to get a picture of me in the shirt and hat for my mommy since she bought them for me. I am totally in love with the giant microbes, even though they are totally off in saying they are a million times actual size with the majority of them. I am pretty sure I have them all and most of the new miniature ones. I can be a pain in the butt to buy presents for since I started working, I usually buy whatever I want and so there is nothing in particular to tell family members what to get me. I bought all the original giant microbes but since then I don't buy them (Mom would kick my butt if I did!), they are strictly reserved for the family.

Anyone want to make a guess as to what I am posing next to? Leave your guess(es) in the comments, there are points for creativity and amusement factor, and of course points if you get it right =)!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, nerdy dork. hee hee hee I saved that pic, it's mine now, I'm going to have to keep it. XD

Mike Marshall said...

It's a torpedo tube.......fire one! Or......it has something to do with microbiology. Take your pick. But....as far as the technical name goes....I'd hazard a guess that it's a thingamajig. Peace, Mike.

Anonymous said...

1) It's the air-lock door for USAMRID's Level 2 infectious microbes.

2)The focus knob for a REALLY big electron microscope.

3) The front door to "Club Amoeba" where all the cool scientists go to unwind after a hard day.

How'd I do?

BusyDad said...

Looks like something out of a brewery. Ok, so maybe I'm hoping it's something out of a brewery...

The Microblogologist said...

"Anonymous": You are a brat!

Mike: It definitely looks like a torpedo tube, I've always thought so at least =).

NukeDad: Hilarious, love them all!

BusyDad: I predict that may be your answer to every Guess that Gizmo ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a really really big Dutch oven, isn't it? I see the pressure gauge thingy...

nonna said...

unfortunately, i cant come up with any cute things to guess so i'll just stick to real guesses. i think it is a sterilizer.

WeaselMomma said...

That's either an autoclave(did I spell that right?) or a Flex Capacitor.