Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Blog Milestone 1


So I added google analytics after Sue at Happy Hour and Happy Meals said I had to. Not one to disobey one of the most hilarious bloggers on the planet I clicked the link and struggled with my technical unsavyness and got it working*. As of last night I have 100 hits from the USA, 5 from Canada, 2 from the Netherlands, 1 from the Philippines, 1 from France, 1 from Australia, and 1 from the UK. So thank you my fellow Americans for clicking on my site 100 times**! I guess I have to work on my international appeal a bit, I am friends with a Chinese couple if that counts, and the lab I work in is run by a professor from Guyana.

Oh and a thank you also goes to Loren, her site is #3 on my list of visit sources =)!

-----Copy LiteralDan Section-----
*I think, it gives numbers and has that pretty map thing and 5 keyword searches... If I did something wrong it is not putting code in the individual posts, I was confused if I should or not so don't (please let me know someone tech savier than me if I am wrong).
**I am actually responsible for 29 of the 100 clicks but it still counts because google says so!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. And it looks like you've covered the upper midwest pretty thoroughly! Now you just need to market better in the plains states, LOL

The Microblogologist said...

Hmmmm, wonder what kind of search terms they use... Perhaps a post about hot buffalo sex is in order!

Martin said...

I guess I'm the Netherlands hits!

BusyDad said...

You know what? Your blog could be blocked in China. Mine is. Cuz I'm subversive like that!

Jason Roth said...

Cool. It's amazing how you can have readers from across the globe. Consider yourself "world famous."

The Microblogologist said...

Xbox: Thanks =)

BusyDad: If I were China I would block your blog too, I'd be afraid of a revolt if the people discovered how cool their displaced royalty is!

Vegas Dad: I didn't think of it like that, that is pretty cool. Though most of the international "readers" came once and never returned, not sure what that says about me, lol.